Thursday, March 11, 2010

Avatar and Moshiach


Avatar and Moshiach

Are these the fellings we should have, longing for the Geula world?
________

Avatar, a 2½-hour Virtual 3D movie, was too real, for some fans who say, they have experienced depression and suicidal thoughts, after seeing the film; because they long to enjoy the beauty of the virtual alien world Pandora.

The movie was so beautiful, it showed something we don't have here on Earth. I think people saw, that we could be living in a completely different world, and that caused them to be depressed."

"All I have been doing as of late, is searching the Internet, for more info about 'Avatar.' I guess that helps. It's so hard, I can't force myself to think, that it's just a movie, and to get over it, that living like the Na'vi will never happen

Ever since I went to see 'Avatar,' I have been depressed. Watching the wonderful world of Pandora, and all the Na'vi, made me want to be one of them. I can't stop thinking about, all the things that happened in the film, and all of the tears and shivers I got from it.


I even contemplate suicide, thinking that if I do it, I will be rebirthed in a world similar to Pandora, and the everything is the same as in 'Avatar.' "

Other expressed feelings of, disgust with the human race, and disengagement with reality.

Compared with life on Earth, Pandora is a beautiful, glowing utopia.

When I woke up this morning, after watching Avatar for the first time yesterday, the world seemed gray. It was like my whole life, everything I've done and worked for, lost its meaning. It just seems someaningless. I still don't really see any reason to keep doing things at all. I live in a dying world."

One can say, my depression was twofold: I was depressed because I really wanted to live in Pandora, which seemed like such a perfect place; but I was also depressed and disgusted, with the sight of our world, what we have done to Earth. I so much wanted, to escape reality."
_________

After discussing on the forums for a while now, my depression is beginning to fade away. Having taken a part in many discussions concerning all this, has really, really helped me.

Before, I had lost the reason to keep on living -- but now it feels like these feelings are gradually being replaced with others

Creating relationships with others, is one of the keys to human happiness; and that even if those connections are occurring online, they are better than nothing.