Thursday, September 24, 2009

To do List: for the New Year


Here are some examples of the “little things,” that when I remember, I try to do, that go a long way and add up… on the “good side…”

When my wife says something, that clearly pushes my buttons; and I am clearly right and she is clearly wrong; I don’t respond. Or, I just acknowledge it, or nod in agreement instead.

When the other driver is clearly cutting me off, I let him, and then I back off.

I do jobs at work or at home, that are not my “job”.

When those around me, are bashing the person-de-jour, boss-de-jour, I don’t join in. I don’t get caught, in the downward spiral.

When I’m feeling pain, hurt, resentful, angry; and I find myself engaging in whatever non-productive “taiva-de-jour” is; I try to slow down, and stop and ask, “Why am I doing this?”
It at least gives me pause, if not a total victory.

Let’s begin the year 770 with “Faratzta” which is, Simcha Poretz Geder; and focus on the side of Simcha. This will bring faster, better results!