Thursday, June 4, 2009

I asked G-d

I asked G-d, to take away my habit.
G-d said: No. It is not for me to take away, but for you to give it up.

I asked G-d, to make my handicapped child whole.
G-d said: No. His spirit is whole, his body is only temporary.

I asked G-d, to grant me patience.
G-d said: No. Patience is a byproduct of tribulations; it isn't granted, it is learned.

I asked G-d, to give me happiness.
G-d said: No. I give you blessings; happiness is up to you.

I asked G-d, to spare me pain.
G-d said: No. Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares, and brings you closer to me.

I asked G-d, to make my spirit grow.
G-d said: No. You must grow on your own, but I will prune you, to make you fruitful.

I asked G-d, for all things that I might enjoy life.
G-d said: No. I will give you life, so that you may enjoy all things.
_________
Finally, I asked G-d, to help me do His will.
G-d said: May you be blessed!